Organizational leaders must understand that comprehensive, risk-based decisions are vital to balancing the force multiplying effects of information systems with the risk of those systems being inherently vulnerable to exploitation. If you want to prevent or reduce the likelihood of an attack, you have to risk management strategy: how your organization will frame, assess, respond to and monitor risk over time.
In the world of hackers, there are both good and bad. There are also some that are somewhere in-between on the spectrum. When you look at the entire rainbow of hacker hat colors, you will find that there are many variations at work in the modern world of technology.
In selecting the top 10 hacker movies for our list, we had some internal discussion (because as techies, we’re obviously the best ones to judge), and came up with these as the must-see films.
Over the decades, cybercrime has evolved, branching out into many strains. There are black hat hackers – (the criminally motivated). crackers, (those breaking into systems to steal information), hacktivists, (infiltrators of computer systems to use them as platforms for public movements), and script kiddies, defined by WiseGeek.com as “teenagers who use readily available tools written by experienced hackers to deface websites or break into computer systems, usually done for peer recognition and attention.”
Connect with Us
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing