A great way to get ahead in a cybersecurity career is to secure a credential. One of the most popular is the CompTIA Security+ certification. Don’t be intimidated by the thought of the test! There are ways to prepare and it is actually a very approachable credential for a beginning professional. Here are the answers to a few FAQ’s that candidates often have.
Since entering the IT field later in my career-life, I noticed an on-going debate amongst cybersecurity professionals: to cert or not to cert. There seems to be those (like myself) that push the obtainment of a certificate(s). On the flip side, there are those that tend to lump certificates into the “not-needed” category. Mostly, the argument is “learn it yourself”. This is especially true among “hackers”. I say “hackers” because the term hacker is actually a misnomer, and can be its own topic. The bigger picture considers whether a certificate outweighs a degree program.
Do you work in IT or cybersecurity and want to advance your career? Are you required to hold certain certifications for your job? It sounds like you need some certification training. Finding the right training for your certification can help you achieve your goals, save time and money, and even put you on the fast track to promotions and pay raises.
DoD 8570, the Cybersecurity Information Assurance Workforce Development Program, will soon be replaced by DoD 8140. DoD 8570 determines which cybersecurity certifications are required for Information Assurance positions in a United State’s government organization.
Connect with Us
- The State of Ransomware 2020
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: 6 Things to Practice During the Month
- Cybersecurity Checklist for Business Closures, Consolidations, and Acquisitions
- What Is DevSecOps?
- Cybersecurity and a Remote Workforce: What Does the Future Look Like?
- 6 Penetration Testing Trends to Have on Your Cybersecurity Radar
- Incorporating Privacy and Security by Design into MedTech
- What is the Difference Between CMMC, DFARS, and NIST 800-171?
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing