In the world of hackers, there are both good and bad. There are also some that are somewhere in-between on the spectrum. When you look at the entire rainbow of hacker hat colors, you will find that there are many variations at work in the modern world of technology.
Byobu is a wonderful tool that allows multiple sessions running in the background, even when the SSH session that launched them dies.
EC-Council has recently announced major revisions to several of their training certification programs. What are the differences between CEH v9 and CEH v10?
Over the decades, cybercrime has evolved, branching out into many strains. There are black hat hackers – (the criminally motivated). crackers, (those breaking into systems to steal information), hacktivists, (infiltrators of computer systems to use them as platforms for public movements), and script kiddies, defined by WiseGeek.com as “teenagers who use readily available tools written by experienced hackers to deface websites or break into computer systems, usually done for peer recognition and attention.”
Black hats vs white hats may sound like a spaghetti Western or a Parisian fashion show, but actually they make a clever way to distinguish between criminals who bypass computer systems for nefarious purposes and computer specialists who try to stop them.
Connect with Us
- At Risk: Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Expose Patients to Life-threatening Consequences
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Fractional CISO
- Why Private Cybersecurity Training Matters for Your Organization
- Is the CEH Certification Right For You?
- Internal Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Assessment: Which is Right for You?
- Best Beginner Cybersecurity Certification to Get
- Over-complicating Risk in Cybersecurity
- Hacking Medical Devices for Profit, Terror, Assassination, and Enemy Advancement
- Penetration Testing for Compliance: The Top 5 Laws and Regulations that Require Testing
- Securing Medical Devices – Is it Possible?
- The State of Small Business Cybersecurity in 2020
- Medical Device Security: Patient Safety Takes Precedence Over Privacy
- Hidden Costs of the Small Business Data Breach
- The Myth of the Cybersecurity Skills Gap
- Black Box Penetration Testing Explained