Alpine Security Presents at the St. Louis & Scott AFB ISC2 Chapter on Offshore Drilling Security
St. Louis, Missouri, August 26, 2015 – Alpine Security’s Rich Norton presented on offshore drilling security at the the St. Louis Region/Scott AFB (ISC)2 Chapter. Topics included:
- Offshore Drilling Overview
- Examples of Compromises (Effects of compromising Industrial Control Systems (ICS), USB Thumb drives, personnel downloads)
- Drill Ship Systems and Attack Vectors (ICS on board and effects of compromising, USB Thumb drives, Shore to offshore satellite link vector)
- Physical Security Observations (Physical access)
- Compromising Environment Around Shipyard (Intelligence Gathering, Blackmail)
- Cultural Differences / Foreign Nationals
ABOUT ALPINE SECURITY
Alpine Security is a cyber security company that understands security is never a turnkey solution. Alpine Security takes a holistic approach, evaluating clients’ needs to develop a comprehensive solution with quantifiable results. Alpine Security provides services covering every facet of computer and network security, ranging from full assessments to incident response to specialized cyber security training.
ABOUT St. Louis Region / Scott AFB (ISC)2 Chapter
The St. Louis Region / Scott AFB (ISC)2 Chapter is a regional chapter of (ISC)2, located in St. Louis and serving the St. Louis Metro area, the mission of the St. Louis Region/Scott AFB (ISC)2 Chapter is to provide members and other security professionals with the opportunity to share knowledge, grow professionally, raise security awareness and advance information security in local communities around the world.