CompTIA CASP+ Certification Training
Continuing Education Credits
CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner is the course you need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments.
You have experience in the increasingly crucial field of information security, and now you are ready to take that experience to the next level. CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the course you need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened.
Today’s IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the
skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional.
In this CASP+ course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security:
- Manage risk in the enterprise.
- Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for storage.
- Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls.
- Implement security controls for applications.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Conduct incident and emergency responses.
- To be fit for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security.
- Students seeking CASP+ certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
Alpine Securrity’s CASP+ Course includes one (1) CompTIA CASP CAS-003 Exam Voucher (a $439 value!). Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
Description: CASP+ covers enterprise security, risk management and incident response, research and analysis, integration of computing, communications and business disciplines as well as technical integration of enterprise components.
- Number of Questions: maximum of 90 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 165 Minutes
- Passing Score: Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.
Recommended Experience: 10 years experience in IT administration, including at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience
Lesson 1: Managing Risk
- Identify the Importance of Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Integrating Computing, Communications, and Business Disciplines
- Facilitate Collaboration Across Business Units
- Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
- Implement Security Activities Throughout the Technology Life Cycle
Lesson 3: Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Determine Industry Trends and Effects on the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
Lesson 4: Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Implement Advanced Identity Management
Lesson 5: Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Describe Cryptographic Concepts
- Choose Cryptographic Techniques
- Choose Cryptographic Implementations
Lesson 6: Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Select Host Hardware and Software
- Harden Hosts
- Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Implement Cloud Augmented Security Services
- Protect Boot Loaders
Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls for Enterprise Storage
- Identify Storage Types and Protocols
- Implement Secure Storage Controls
Lesson 8: Analyzing and Implementing Network Security
- Analyze Network Security Components and Devices
- Analyze Network-Enabled Devices
- Analyze Advanced Network Design
- Configure Controls for Network Security
Lesson 9: Implementing Security Controls for Applications
- Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Implement Application Security Controls
Lesson 10: Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Implement Security Standards in the Enterprise
- Select Technical Deployment Models
- Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Secure Enterprise Application Integration Enablers
Lesson 11: Conducting Vulnerability Assessments
- Select Vulnerability Assessment Methods
- Select Vulnerability Assessment Tools
Lesson 12: Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Design Systems to Facilitate Incident Response
- Conduct Incident and Emergency Responses