CND Certification Training
Continuing Education Credits
- Network Administrators
- Network Security Administrators
- Network Security Engineers
- Network Defense Technicians
- Network Analysts
- Security Analysts
- Security Operators
- Anyone involved in network operations
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- 180 days access to iLabs (cloud-based labs)
- Proctored Exam the last day of course with option to upgrade to ProctorU so you can take the exam at your leisure
- Lunch, snacks, beverages, and networking opportunities
- Expert training by cybersecurity professionals
- Official EC-Council materials
- Outstanding Reviews
Organizational focus on cyber defense is more important than ever as cyber breaches have a far greater financial impact and can cause broad reputational damage.
Despite best efforts to prevent breaches, many organizations are still being compromised. Organizations must have, as part of their defense mechanisms, trained network engineers who are focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to the threats on their networks.
Students enrolled in the Certified Network Defender course, will gain a detailed understanding and hands on ability to function in real life situations involving network defense. They will gain the technical depth required to actively design a secure network in your organization. This program will be akin to learning math instead of just using a calculator. This course gives you the fundamental understanding of the true construct of data transfer, network technologies, software technologies so that you understand how networks operate, understand what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material.
You will learn how to protect, detect and respond to the network attacks. You will learn network defense fundamentals, the application of network security controls, protocols, perimeter appliances, secure IDS, VPN, and firewall configuration. You will then learn the intricacies of network traffic signature, analysis and vulnerability scanning which will help you when you design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans. These skills will help you foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks.
- How to protect, detect, & respond to network attacks
- Network defense fundamentals
- The application of network security VPN & firewall congfiguration
- The intricacies of network traffic signature, analysis & vulnerability
No prerequisites at this time.
This CND Boot Camp prepares you for the CND Exam is part of the course and is offered as a proctored exam the last day of class.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Length of Test: 4 hours
- Passing Score: Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.
Covers the protect, detect & respond approach to network security. Contains hands-on labs based on network security tools & techniques to provide network security technologies & operations.
C|ND is a skills-based, lab-intensive, program based on a job-task analysis & cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiaive of Cybersecurity Education (NICE).
The Course is mapped to the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system & network administrators.
- Module 01: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals.
- Module 02: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks.
- Module 03: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices.
- Module 04: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation.
- Module 05: Physical Security.
- Module 06: Host Security.
- Module 07: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management.
- Module 08: Secure IDS Configuration and Management.
- Module 09: Secure VPN Configuration and Management.
- Module 10: Wireless Network Defense.
- Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis.
- Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management.
- Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery.
- Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management.
Download the C|ND Presentation for more info.