CompTIA Network+ Certification Training
Continuing Education Credits
This course teaches fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in ANY type of networking career.
The CompTIA Network+ course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. CompTIA Network+ covers troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks, and validates the hands-on skills needed to work with both wired
and wireless networks. Emerging technologies such as unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization technologies are also covered. This powerful credential will help take your IT career to the next level.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
While there are no required prerequisites, CompTIA A+ Certification and at least 9 to 12 months of networking experience is recommended.
Our Network+ course includes one (1) CompTIA Network+ Exam Voucher. Voucher is valid for 12 months after the course at a Pearson VUE testing center.
- Description: The CompTIA Network+ certification covers the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common wired and wireless network devices. Also included are emerging technologies such as unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization technologies.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 90 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 90 Minutes
- Passing Score: 720 (on a scale of 100-900)
Lesson 1: Network Theory
- Networking Overview
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Network Types
- Identify Network Configurations
- Data Transmission Methods
Lesson 2: Bounded Network Media
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
- Noise Control
Lesson 3: Unbounded Network Media
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Install a Wireless Network
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
Lesson 5: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Address Implementation
- Delivery Techniques
Lesson 6: Routing
- Enable Static Routing
- Implement Dynamic IP Routing
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services
- Assign IP Addresses
- Domain Naming Services
- TCP/IP Commands
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
Lesson 8: WAN Infrastructure
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- Unified Communication Technologies
Lesson 9: Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- SAN Implementations
- Cloud Computing
Lesson 10: Network Security Basics
- Introduction to Network Security
- Threats and Attacks
- Authentication Methods
- Encryption Methods
Lesson 11: Preventing Security Breaches
- Physical Security Controls
- Network Access Controls
- Install and Configure Firewalls
- Harden Networks
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Educate Users
Lesson 12: Responding to Security Incidents
- Incident Management and Response
- Basic Forensic Concepts
Lesson 13: Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- VPN Protocols
Lesson 14: Network Management
- Network Monitoring
- Configuration Management Documentation
- Network Performance Optimization
Lesson 15: Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Network Troubleshooting Models
- Network Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Common Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Configuration Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues